Thursday, October 23, 2008

Friends...

I think I'd had to let one friend go... It's definitely really hard for me. I'm still wondering if I'm doing the right thing.

I sit back and think - shouldn't a friendship be good for both parties involved? Is a good friendship one where one person gives all the time and the other only receives? Should you benefit from a friendship?

I've been talking to several friends about this situation the past few days. They all agree with me. Even a couple of months ago I talked to my dental hygenist. Yes, it's weird... We are close in age and discuss lots while getting my teeth cleaned. She knows more than a hygenist should know about me and I know more than a regular patient should know. It's a nice little friendship.

Anyway, my last visit she was talking about getting rid of things in her life that were time consuming but not beneficial. I think this friend fits the bill.

She has made me feel HORRIBLE the last couple of days. I think what's best for me is to let her go. I do wish her all the best!!

I have to reread my quote and see if it really applies to me still...

No comments: